What would it take for you to shift the limiting narratives you have about money into ones that will actually bring you the life you’ve always dreamt to live?
Growing up, we’ve been told lots of lies about money that we will never actually notice as misconceptions until we’ve finally set ourselves free from the control it has on us.
There are things such as ‘easy’ jobs that make people lazy, that we need to work hard to make money, that a big credit limit is a huge necessity, and so much more than we could ever believe!
And yes, going against these beliefs isn’t that easy. Nevertheless, remember that we’ll always have a choice – and that’s whether to focus on these limiting beliefs or to cut these lies off by starting to make our financial statement work for us rather than having it control our being.
If you’re ready to take that leap towards a paradigm shift, well then, sit back and relax as we learn how to take good care of our money. After all, the art of making money is actually really simple; it’s just that as humans, we love to make it really complicated, to begin with
Rebecca Davison is an intuition coach and is the founder of The Intuitive Life Academy. She helps people activate their intuition so that they can move beyond fear into freedom, pleasure, and abundance. She is passionate about people learning how to listen to their inner guidance to be able to create a life that they really love.
In this episode, Rebecca enumerates the biggest lies we’ve been told about money as she shares tips on how to change the limiting money narratives we have from within.
What you will learn from this episode:
- Discover the biggest lies about money that we’ve all been told as we grow up;
- Understand why having a budget is a must in living a life well-lived;
- Know how you can change the narratives of these lies into ones that actually work for you and your journey towards a life of joy and wealth
“Know your numbers to grow your numbers.”
– Rebecca Davison
Valuable Free Resource:
How to Change the Narratives of Lies We’ve Been Told about Money
- Be careful around the narratives you tell yourself about work being hard. You don’t need to work hard to make money
- Know what it would take for you to start asking yourself the question “How can I make work more enjoyable?”
- Identify what is it that people want, how can you help them, and what’s the problem you can help them solve. Be able to offer that. Be able to receive money for that
- Challenge your belief systems, especially around education. You don’t always have to know everything in order to succeed
- Make your credit card work for you instead of letting it control you. Try to keep the limit as low as possible. Choose what you feel safe with
- Have a budget. Know where your money is going
- Shift your belief into clarity. You receive what you focus on
- If you don’t know things, find a bank manager/adviser who can answer your questions willingly
01:11 – A Double-Edged Sword: The lie around the need to work hard in order to make money
04:15 – Easy-Peasy: What would it take for you to find a job that is more enjoyable?
07:47 – Paradigm Shift: Things you can ask yourself to shift into a place where work feels more pleasurable
09:20 – Lie #2: “Wealth is synonymous with intellect.”
11:47 – Where is the Focus: Why one should question his limiting beliefs and the validity of those limiting beliefs, especially around education
13:38 – Young Rebecca: Thinking about how life could’ve been a lot better if she’s learned all these principles when she’s around her 20s
14:28 – Lies Lead to More Lies: The need to have wealth behind you, having a huge limit in your credit card, and investing in the stock market
19:51 – Clarity is a Must: Why not needing a budget is one of the top three lies about money
24:32 – Quick Review: Rebecca goes back to enumerate what has been discussed today
“We definitely want things to be inspiring and maybe challenging to a point, but when we’re doing it to the extent where we’re sacrificing ourselves, sacrificing our body, and sacrificing our mental and physical health, then it is not just not sustainable – it’s actually incredibly unhealthy.” – Rebecca Davison
“A paradigm shift does not take place without asking questions first. For things to be different, you actually have to ask yourself a question and establish whether you’re enjoying it or not.” – Rebecca Davison
“What you need in order to make money is to apply yourself – to identify what is it that people want, how can I help them, what’s the problem that I can help them solve – and be able to offer that and to be able to receive money for that.” – Rebecca Davison
“It’s always important to question our belief systems and the validity of those belief systems.” – Rebecca Davison
“Application is so much more important than even knowledge.” – Rebecca Davison
“Don’t let banks and people offering things for you to consume convince you that you need a big credit card limit. You do not. You need to be in control of your credit card limit.” – Rebecca Davison
“Take good care of your money by paying attention to it. Know where it’s going. Know how much it costs to run you. Know what your budget is.” – Rebecca Davison
Your intuition is the KEY to having and creating a magnificent life. All the answers to what serves YOU best are inside of you so join us to activate this amazing gift you have ready and waiting for you!
Ready to Live a Life of Abundance?
Schedule a Clarity Call with Rebecca Now: Book Here